Be Safe Paramedical is a Medical Device Developer, Manufacturer, Importer, Distributor and Exporter based in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban South Africa. Founded in 1993 by Mike, Raymond and Yvonne Kros, Be Safe Paramedical has developed into a significant role-player in the South African Healthcare Market.
At start-up, our main focus was on the supplying of first aid kits and pre-hospital related medical equipment to a relatively small market. As our clientele and reputation for service excellence grew, so did our need to expand on our range of products and services. We have enjoyed rapid expansion over the past 10 years and are now able to offer our clients an extensive range of both Capital and Consumable Medical Devices.
As a company we have always prided ourselves in our ability to expand and develop in parallel to our client’s growing needs. Progress saves lives™, a trademark of our company and organisational motto largely defines us as a company. Always seeking to improve our products, processes and services, thereby providing you with the best possible support where it matters the most… at the patient’s side…
Facts & Achievements
– Commenced operations from a single facility in Cape Town in 1993 with three staff
– Established Johannesburg Office and warehouse in 2003
– Developed and launched our Burn-Eaz® range of Burn Dressings, sprays and Gels in 2005
– Developed the CritiSeal Chest Wound Seal for the treatment of Open Pneumothorax in 2013
– Developed the CritiJet Jet Insufflation Device for the delivery of oxygen in obstructed airways in 2014
– Developed the CritiValve Check Valve for Needle Thoracentesis in 2014
– Acquired C-M First Aid in Pinetown in 2017 and established our Durban Branch with warehousing and medical bag manufacturing plant
– Achieved ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Certification in 2015
– Trademarked our CritiCare™ and Progress saves lives™ brands in 2016
– Achieved ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Certification in 2018
– Passed ISO 13485 Medical Device Quality Management System Audit in 2018 (awaiting issuing of certification)
– Staff compliment reaches 100 in 2018
– Exhibited at Arab Health UAE as part of the South African Pavilion in 2018
– Exhibited at Arab Health UAE as part of the South African Pavilion in 2019
– Exhibited at Africa Health 2019
– Staff compliment reached 140 employees in January 2022
The South African Medical Device market is an extremely competitive one and in order to achieve success, a great deal of emphasis needs to be placed on gaining and maintaining the respect and trust of potential and current clients. Be Safe Paramedical has worked hard to set up a formidable Quality Management System that addresses all aspects of our relationship with our clients. It ensures that we are efficient and continuously improving and it provides you with the assurance that the products supplied to you meet the highest possible quality standards.
As a potential client you can therefore rest assured that we will build a synergistic relationship with you based on our complete commitment to your organisation, our complete accountability for the products we supply you, our efficient after sales support system and our commitment to improve Healthcare in Southern Africa through the use of our products.
Be Safe Paramedical is honoured to be providing products and services to the following organisations (not limited to):
- The Clicks Group
- Mr Price Sports
- Sportsmans Warehouse
- International SOS
- De Beers Mining
- Netcare 911
- The Mediclinic Group
- St. John Ambulance (Preferred Supplier Nationally)
- National Department of Health
- National Treasury (National RT4 Tender)
- Western Cape Department of Health
- Various State Healthcare facilities throughout Southern Africa
To provide healthcare organisations with innovative, high quality and cost effective medical products that will positively influence the saving of lives worldwide…
To be respected as the leader in the development, manufacturing and supplying of select medical products in Southern Africa through product knowledge, product quality and ethically sound business practices…
- It’s about the patient…
- Building business relationships through mutual trust, respect and commitment
- Positively contributing to patient care through our products
- Accountability for our products and actions
- Open communication
- Progress saves lives™
Having been a significant role-player in the healthcare industry for over 20 years, we have built up a respectable product portfolio. Included in our portfolio are a range of products developed and trademarked by Be Safe Paramedical.
These include our successful range of Burn-Eaz® Burn Dressings, gels and sprays which are been used across healthcare disciplines. Our CritiSeal Chest Wound Dressing for the treatment of Open Pneumothorax in the pre-hospital setting and our range of highly respected CritiCare™ Medical Equipment Bags.
We also distribute products from both local and international manufacturers, all of which need to meet our strict quality standards. Included in our portfolio are:
- Airway management devices – Laryngoscope sets, intubation bougies, laryngeal mask airways, instrument sets, CritiJet™ Jet Insufflation Device
- Biosafety Products – CritiCare® disposable medical gloves, body fluid spill kits, biohazardous bags and sharps containers
- Crash and Jump Bags – from compact medical bags to our extensive range of CritiCare® Emergency Equipment bags.
- Diagnostic & Monitoring Equipment – Vital signs monitors, handheld EtCO2 monitors, Saver One® Range of AED’s…
- Disinfectants – CritiClean™ High Level Medical and Laboratory Surface Disinfectant, CritiZyme™ Instrument and Medical Device Cleaning Solution, CritiStel™ High Level Instrument & Medical Device Disinfectant Solution, BSPM™ Hand Sanitisers.
- Disposables – Full range of first aid supplies, our unique CritiPack® disposable procedure packs, dressings, bandages, Axiostat® Haemostatic Dressings…
- Emergency Medical Services Equipment – CritiCare® PAC Range of EMS Jump Bags and Medical Equipment Bags reflective utility jackets, medical badges, rescue knives and headlamps…
- Clinic and Hospital Furniture – Examination couches, bed screens, bed steps, mobile examination lamps, diagnostic sets…
- First Aid Kits – Regulation first aid kits, IFAK, custom kits, SOLAS kits, Burn-Eaz® Burn Kits…
- Immobilisation Devices – PelviGrip™ Pelvic Binders, traction splints, CritiCare ® wire splints, CritiCare® Extrication Devices, Head Immobilisers, CritiStraps™ reusable splint strapping…
- Respiratory Care – Manual resuscitators, OxiVent Range of Transport Ventilators, nebulisers and oxygen regulators, oxygen cylinders…
- Stretchers and Lifting Devices – ambulance stretchers, scoop stretchers, field stretchers, Evacuation Chairs and the CritiCare® Patient Transfer Device…
- Training Equipment – Practiman® CPR manikins, XFT AED Trainers
- Vascular Access and Care – IV Needles, NIO™ Intraosseous Device, tourniquets, IV dressings