The nature of emergency care work requires that health care professionals often need to spend an extended period of time in the keeling position. Given this requirement, emergency care professionals often overlook the importance of knee protection and safety.
When one considers the potential for kneeling on glass fragments, causing lacerations to your knee, which in turn provides an access point for pollutants or even worse, the potential for the patient’s blood to be introduced through the wound. One begins to conceptualise the importance of knee protection. Traditional knee pads designed for sporting activities are often very bulky and are therefore not suited to be worn when providing emergency care.
- Knee pads consist of hard outer plastic shell, backed by foam
- The streamlined design makes it comfortable to wear either outside or underneath work clothes
- Knee pads are designed to fit bigger knees too
- Knee pad straps are fully adjustable and contain enough length to be secured to bulkier frames
- Ridges on external plastic frame promote non-slippage